Here are the events, interviews and podcasts that launched Zoe. I like to keep them together in one post. It makes it easier to go back and find interviews and photographs. It all started back in February of 2021.
1. A Video Interview and a Book Reading – This was my first event, from February 2nd. Kala Williams from The Author’s Voice interviewed me. The best part – teachers across the pond in the UK could listen in, to my writing journey, and to a page from my book. It was fantastic!
You can still listen in. Here’s the link for my book talk:
Read Aloud & Book Talk with Rinda Beach - YouTube
Want to skip the interview and go straight to the Read Aloud? Here’s the illustration for the page I picked. Now take a Cheeky Jump, like the kids and teachers in the UK do:
Read Aloud & Book Talk with Rinda Beach - YouTube
2. A Presale & Author Event – Zoe and I went to one of our favorite places – Riverside Art Center. It was February 12th, Galentine’s Day.
Melissa welcomed us in and took a couple pictures so we could remember our day. If you look at the 1st picture, at the top right corner, really carefully, you’ll see my copy of Zoe. Back in February, it was the only copy.
3. An Online Interview with Angelika On the Move – Read this interview to learn a variety of things about me as a writer. It went live on Valentine’s Day, February 14th, but it’s still available online.
BTW – My answers to Questions 5 and 11 have changed since I did the interview. Back in the fall I thought I’d be publishing 3 books by the end of 2021. Everything changed when I stopped to polish 4 manuscripts for an agent who’s interested in my work. Here’s Angelika’s link:
4. An Online Interview with Helen H. Wu – Check out this interview and its illustrations. I shared the details that got ZOE’S SCAVENGER HUNT FUN ready for readers like you. It went live on February 24th, but you can still open it with this link: Interview with #Kidlit Author, Rinda Beach - Helen H. Wu
5. An Online Interview with June McCrary Jacobs – Check out this interview and a couple illustrations. One of them is Zoe’s Scavenger Hunt – the real one – from the book! I know! FREE! You don’t have to buy the book, BUT, you can use my ideas as is, OR as an inspiration to design your own hunt.
Read the interview and you’ll find out 10 behind-the-scene facts about Zoe’s road to publication. The interview went live March 7th, two days before our book birthday.
Sorry! I already gave away the free book, but you can still read the interview at this link:
Author June McCrary Jacobs: ~ MMGM BOOK BLAST ZOE'S SCAVENGER HUNT FUN ~
6. My Virtual Lauch! – Did you miss it? No problem! Here’s the recording! I don’t know how to do this, but I’m glad Brooke does! She’s on the left. She was my publisher, editor, marketing advisor, and friend. I feel lucky to have had the opportunity to work with her and with BiblioKid Publishing.
Would you like to listen in? Brooke asked a couple of questions about publishing and writing. Then I got to do my favorite part – read to you, my audience. Click this link and you can hear the whole first chapter, FREE! Link: Facebook
Did you like what you heard? Order a book from me. The cost includes shipping, BUT you’ll get an autographed book. I’ll email you so I can personalize it to your family.
Teachers, buy a book, and I’ll do a zoom call with you and your class. I’ll read a chapter AND answer a few questions. Interested? Click my buy link Zoe's Scavenger Hunt Fun - Rinda Beach. You can also contact me, and I’d be glad to work with you to set this up.
Link: Rinda Beach - Contact Me - Rinda Beach
7. Zoe’s In-Person Launch – Zoe and I celebrated at Riverside Art Center. They welcomed us in, introduced us to lots of new people. I pasted in some photos for you. This is my favorite – I signed a book for a lake-loving family! If you find yourself in Wapak, stop into Riverside. They sell my books, and lots of other great things too!
8. A Podcast With Connie B. Dow – If you missed the podcast on St. Patrick’s Day when it went live, I have the link below, and it still works! This was my 3rd interview with Connie, and we chatted about my third book and the lessons I’ve learned along the way. If you’re curious about publishing, or you’ve thought about writing, click on Connie’s links. I hope I can help you!
9. The Books on rindabeach.com
Take a tour of my newest book, ZOE’S SCAVENGER HUNT FUN. Click on books, and you’ll get a drop-down menu. Pick ZOE, and I’ll show you the changes. First up, my new cover, with its 5 Star Emblem from Reader’s Favorite.
To the right of the book, I have the description, and REVIEWERS SAY. Below it is a small part of the Readers’ Favorite Review. The full review is too long to post (about 300 words). I got ZOE’s review in 11 days. Neil’s took almost 3 months, and I gave up on one for LAKE FUN.
Two fun facts – 1. Emily-Jane Hills Orford reviewed both books. I didn’t notice it until I saw the reviews on my web site. 2. I got a surprise review on LAKE FUN a month after I got Zoe’s, 9 months after I submitted it.
Below the review is a yellow PayPal button. Order your book here, and PayPal will notify me. Then I’ll email and ask how I can personalize it for you.
Are you a teacher? Buy a book to share with your class, and I’ll schedule a Zoom call, free of charge. I’ll read a chapter to your class and answer their questions about being an author. Once I’ve received your order, I’ll email and find a time that works for you. You can also contact me if you’re interested in one of my other books.
You’ll find downloadable activities at the bottom of ZOE'S page. a bookmark and a journal page. Note - This screenshot helped me find an error. I emailed Lisa, and she should have the page fixed tomorrow.
My bookmark has a small scavenger hunt on the back. The journal page is straight out of my book, and they’re both free for you to download and enjoy.
When I write, I can only have one voice in my head, mine. A little noise is fine. But too much, or worse yet, WORDS, and I must change rooms or pull out headphones. Then I can write on!